Google employee annual salary structure leaks
According to reports, Google is one of the highest paid technology companies in the world. A recent leak of the company’s salary structure shows that annual salaries for Google hardware engineers in California can be as high as $260,000. Additionally, the company’s software engineers can earn up to $300,000 per year. User experience engineers at Google can earn up to $260,000 a year, while the VP of Engineering’s annual salary can be as high as $500,000.
However, we know that Google doesn’t like to talk publicly about salaries. Nevertheless, all U.S. companies must disclose the amount they intend to pay foreign employees when applying for visas. After reviewing thousands of visa applications, you can see just how much Google cares about many positions.
It is important to note that the data in this article is from the third quarter of 2o21. Also, the data here does not cover all of Google’s positions. It only covers positions involving workers applying for a US visa. Also, the values here are simply base salaries and do not include Substantial stock rewards.
The location of work for these positions varies, however, a large majority of salaries are for workers in California. The location of employees is often the deciding factor for their salary. According to reports, when a Google employee leaves Silicon Valley and New York, their salary will most likely drop.
Google Employee Salary List
Here is the complete list of different positions and the annual salary of Google employees. It is important to note that all values here are annual salaries.
1. Engineering and data science
- Software engineer: $102,000 to $300,000
- Vice President of Engineering: $475,000
- Lead Software Engineer: $341,000
- Principal engineer: $207,000
- Director of Engineering: $145,400 to $300,000
- Data Scientist: $133,000 to $188,000
2. Scientific researchers and analysts
- Researcher: $135,000 to $277,000
- Engineer (research): $126,000 to $182,000
- Assistant researcher: $135,500 to $146,000
3. Hardware, Networking, and Manufacturing
- Hardware engineer: $97,600 to $262,000
- Manager (Hardware Engineering): $242,000
- Firmware engineer: $166,000
- Hardware Reliability Engineer: $148,000 to $180,000
- Silicon Engineer: $119,000 to $208,000
- Research Product Manager: $128,000
- Research Quality Analyst: $114,400 to $173,000
- Head of Vertical Research (New York): US$14 million
5. User Experience and Privacy
- Researcher (user experience): $109,000 to $223,000
- User Experience Engineer: $123,000 to $26 million
- Manager (user experience): $251,000
- User Experience Design Lead: $278,800
- Privacy Engineer: $112,000 to $206,000
6. Other High Paying Unique Positions
- Senior Vice President of People Operations: $65 million
- Senior Director of Sustainable Development: $398,800
- Director of Global Consulting Partnerships (New York): $311,000
From the list above, we can see that Google has a pretty decent salary structure for its staff. Additionally, there is often an overlap in the payment structure of different departments. As expected, VPs and other leadership positions make millions a year. This salary structure is also a good motivation for its employees.